Team Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Menu
Forum Rules
Download DevPro
Edit Profile
Usergroups
FAQ
Quick Tournaments
Private Messaging
The War Room
Latest topics
» The Dark Lord Is Back!
by TheDemonLokius July 29th 2013, 11:56 pm

» Commissions
by Dynastic02 June 30th 2013, 7:57 pm

» A tale to tell
by Dragonicflare7 June 16th 2013, 8:22 pm

» Send in the clowns!
by Shameless May 9th 2013, 1:12 am

» Question of the Day: Yugioh World??
by Omni~Mage May 7th 2013, 7:50 pm

» Yugioh The Gathering
by Rina~Sky May 7th 2013, 4:29 pm

» Signature Discovered, Frozen Lord of Ice
by TheDemonLokius May 7th 2013, 7:25 am

» Im done with this $%^*
by Rina~Sky May 6th 2013, 1:04 pm

Affiliates

Statistics
We have 25 registered users
The newest registered user is marjnelw

Our users have posted a total of 475 messages in 73 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Because I'm curious

+5
OneShot
CaptainAmerica
Rina~Sky
Omni~Mage
Rainbow-Dashley
9 posters

Go down

Because I'm curious Empty Because I'm curious

Post by Rainbow-Dashley April 11th 2013, 11:50 pm

How long has everyone been playing? I keep hearing folks say how their second deck was this, or my first deck was that, so I'm interested to know.

As for me, as I said in my lame intro, I've been playing since day 1 and have quite a love/hate relationship with the game.
Rainbow-Dashley
Rainbow-Dashley
Team Ice Veteran Member
Team Ice Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Because I'm curious Empty Re: Because I'm curious

Post by Omni~Mage April 11th 2013, 11:56 pm

Started at the beginning. I had the funnest mashup of cards I thought were good in one place (Vamp Lord, Blue Eyes, ritual BLS, Zombyra, Jinzo, the whole nine yards). Quit around CRV due to lack of fellow players.

Rejoined a few months after I started college, since I saw some of my friends playing it. This was around the tail end of STOR, so my friend being the ingenious person he was, decided to play Samurai on me.....I detest them to this day. I built some Synchron mashup and fell in love with Synchros and such. The same guy bought me a Karakuri deck with 3 of everything a few months later (I was super happy at the time because the banlist hit Shi En to 1) and it snowballed from there.
Omni~Mage
Omni~Mage
Team Ice Veteran Member
Team Ice Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rina~Sky April 11th 2013, 11:59 pm

i got some decks when the show first came out...but i never had anyone to play with so they just sat in my house for a long time...time passed i picked them up for a bit in Jr high or high school...don't really remember which...then stooped playing again...then about 2 years *in a few weeks or mounts* i meet Omni and other who were playing and i got back into it from there *along with my brother* and Ive been playing seance.
Rina~Sky
Rina~Sky
Team Ice Moderator
Team Ice Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainAmerica April 12th 2013, 12:09 am

I started back in like, 2002-ish. I had the most random mash-up of cards too, lol. Stuff like IFL, RoD, Raigeki, Cyber Jar, Harpie's Pet Dragon, Vampire Lord, Blue-Eyes, etc. was all in there, haha. 10+ years and counting and the game hasn't gotten old for me.. well at least, not yet.
CaptainAmerica
CaptainAmerica
Team Ice Administrator
Team Ice Administrator

https://teamice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneShot April 12th 2013, 12:11 am

I played a bit in middle school. I once won our class tourny. But most of my friends grew outta the game, so i quit as well. A few years later a friend and I were chilling at my house, and he's like "yo man, i got some Yu-Gi-Oh cards, wanna go?" After some intense(one sided) duels with his good deck, vs a shitty deck he had for me, i had an idea. "what if we could play online, with all the cards available?" So after some quick internet searches we found KCVDS. And that's how the avalanche of my ygo career started. He stopped playing shortly after that, but here I am, still playing. Someday I might move on to RL dueling, but only time will tell.

Sorry for the essay!
OneShot
OneShot
Team Ice Moderator
Team Ice Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shameless April 12th 2013, 12:35 am

I've been around since day 1... I used to be the best duelist in my school, but we were all all a little too young to completely comprehend the rules, so we'd just do "show rules"
That being, we just summoned whatever the fuck we wanted, without tributes. During this time, I collected some of the most expensive cards in the game to date.

Then, after learning the REAL rules, I stopped playing IRL because I magically lost all my cards, and thus slowly lost interest in actually playing. But I never stopped watching (both the show, and viewing Locals/Regionals/Etc). I may not have owned decks, but I've helped many create and abuse card combinations that've later became meta/teir 1/tier 2 decks.

I didn't really get back into the game until Blackwings were a thing, because I found all of my lost cards. Sadly nearly all of my old cards were unplayable due to be in horrid condition. But I borrowed some cards from my friend who was still actively in the game and we went to locals every now and then. Then, he showed me DN, which really upped my game due to playing literally anyone--from noobs, to pros, to admins, etc. And that landed me into Dueling Academies. From there I rapidly rose through the ranks, and "officially" acquired the namestake of "Pro".

Since my discovery of DN, I've just been getting better and better. And here I am... Shameless. Once again playing IRL, and bringing respected fear with my skill.
Or, at least, I hope ._.

First Deck: Blue-Eyes Beatdown
Second Deck: Gustos
Current Deck: Zombie Variants
Shameless
Shameless
Team Ice Administrator
Team Ice Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherche April 12th 2013, 12:37 pm

I remember buying 1 of the first TCG booster pack, Legend of Blue-Eyes, and pulling a Celtic Guardian. My sis got one of the OCG packs lol

For a good long time I've just been collecting cards, for some reason my Sis had better pulls than me for the earliest packs (Solemn Judgment?! Mirror Force?! Buster Blader?!). It took me until Rise of Destiny to think that I'm not doing anything with these cards, not getting what I wanted, etc...so I stopped for a bit.

For this first time period of collection I got just about every starter deck 'cept Pegasus' and including the evolved Yugi and Kaiba decks, and got a B. Skull Dragon tin (my first favorite card).

I got back into collecting them around the beginning of the Synchro 5D's packs era, I got a couple more tins including the Stardust Tin, the Red Dragon Archfiend Tin, and even the Destiny Hero - Plasma Tin. I recall also getting some structure decks, such as the Warrior one with Gilford the Legend and the Dinosaurus one with Super Conductor Tyranno. After trying my luck with Crossroads of Chaos pack for a good while (getting a Black Rose Dragon <3), I sorta stopped collecting cards again.

At the end of high school year, my one friend beckoned to play Yugioh with me, as he had an established deck. Even though I haven't played consistently (AT ALL) before, I had a deck built with whatever I got from the collecting days, combining Iron Chains, E-Heroes and Lava Golem. I didn't stand a chance against his Cleopatra Gangbang, but still had fun, realizing I'm actually playing Yugioh.

Summer time, I went Senior Week to a summer house with some friends, celebrating the end of high school. We brought Yugioh cards there and played along with several other fun activities (Hot tubbing WOO). We discovered a Wal-Mart 10 miles from the location, and thus I discovered a new generation of packs: Battle Pack?! Order of Chaos?! I was intrigued, and over the week we went there and bought packs.

At the end of Senior Week, me and two pals decided to go to a tournament, marking my first one (with my ugh mix of a deck). It was there when I met the faces of Dark Worlds, E-Hero Bubblebeat, and Lightsworn Inzektors. I got 0-3 and a bye lmao, but I didn't mind. It was cool seeing multiple trade binders and duelists and whatnot for the first time.

So yeah. The rest of what happens plays in my Introduction.

Last edited by Cherche on April 13th 2013, 1:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Cherche
Cherche
Team Ice Veteran Member
Team Ice Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonicflare7 April 12th 2013, 12:43 pm

Rainbow-Dashley wrote:How long has everyone been playing? I keep hearing folks say how their second deck was this, or my first deck was that, so I'm interested to know.

As for me, as I said in my lame intro, I've been playing since day 1 and have quite a love/hate relationship with the game.

Over ten years... a convience store a short walk from my house had single cards for a dollar a pop and i puled a dark magician out of the machine on my 5th try...and from then on i've been playing ever since.
Dragonicflare7
Dragonicflare7
Team Ice Veteran Member
Team Ice Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainAmerica April 13th 2013, 12:18 am

god, so many of these are interesting to read, lmao
CaptainAmerica
CaptainAmerica
Team Ice Administrator
Team Ice Administrator

https://teamice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonicflare7 April 13th 2013, 11:41 am

Note to self, write longer paragraphs...
Dragonicflare7
Dragonicflare7
Team Ice Veteran Member
Team Ice Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ken April 14th 2013, 10:34 pm

I started from almost the beginning, like a lot of people, some time during season 1 of the anime. Got the Joey starter deck and dueled a lot with a friend who got the Yugi one. Fell in love with Dragons, particularly Red Eyes Black and tried to focus my deck on getting it out as quickly as possible. It wasn't really that good though, having a heavy reliance on Magic and Traps. After a time I got my hands on Legendary Fisherman and A Legendary Ocean and my deck evolved around using its effect and boosting its attack.

After a while, my interest in Yugioh faded and after losing my cards I just gave it up.

It wasn't until about a year ago, when someone lent me one of the Yugioh games for the DS, that I became interested in it once again. I still don't have a deck in real life, nor do I think I'll ever get one but I'm fine with just playing online.

Sir Ken
Sir Ken
Team Ice Veteran Member
Team Ice Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum